BuddyMic and BuddyMic Mini 7G Setup Instructions
The Buddy DesktopMic 7G is a highly customizable, multi-function, professional-quality USB microphone. The Buddy DesktopMic 7G includes a noise-canceling microphone element for pure audio performance. The red button operates as the PTT feature within the dispatch, allowing you to initiate and respond to calls.
The BuddyMic Mini is a smaller, simpler microphone option that is a simple plug and play that can also be configured for use with ESChat.
In order to use this microphone with the ESChat PC client, follow the steps below.
Download and Install “DotNet” version of My Buddy Mic Software
2. Open the My BuddyMic software. Verify the firmware version. The most current version is 2.3.915. If you are on an older version and are unable to update, please contact ESChat Support for help configuring on your build.
3. Plug the Buddy Mic into the USB Port and select the "Device Configuration" tab. The Configuration Screen will appear.
4. Click the Red PTT button on the virtual Buddy Mic shown on the screen. Clear the events that appear: first highlight an item, then select the "X.”
Repeat until the events are clear.
5. Create a new event by clicking the blue "+." Select a "Press" event with action "Volume." Click “OK.”
Select “Unmute” as the volume action, select “Increase,” and set volume to 25.
6. Create a new event by clicking the blue "+." Select a "Press" event with action "Keyboard."
7. For the "Press" event, select "]" as the Key and “Key Down” as the Operation. Be sure to check the boxes for Left Shift, Left Ctrl, and Left Alt as shown below.
8. Set the left LED solid green while the PTT button on the mic is pressed. To do this, add a new event by clicking the "+." Create a "Press” event with action "LED." Select Left RGB light, with an action set to “Green,” with a Blink Rate of 0.
Add a new event by clicking the "+." Create a "Release” event with action "LED." Select Left RGB light, with an action set to “OFF,” with a Blink Rate of 0.
Add a new event by clicking the "+." Create a "Release” event with action “Keyboard.” Select “Release All” as the operation.
The actions in the list happen in sequential order, so before saving the configuration, use the to put the events in the order shown below:
Save the configuration by clicking "Save actions,” and click “OK” on the resulting pop-up screen.
Configure with the ESChat PC Client
1. Select ESChat -> Options
2. Select “Audio Configuration”
3. Select Buddy Mic from the “Input Select” List.
Finally, select External PTT Options. Be sure to check that the appropriate boxes are selected as shown, especially the External PTT Input.
Congratulations! Your BuddyMic is now ready to use with ESChat.